[darcs-devel] ssh release needed (Re: status of darcsden repo)

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Thu Jul 2 11:25:02 UTC 2020

Am 02.07.20 um 00:40 schrieb Simon Michael:
> With Ganesh's blessing, I have done a bit more cleanup towards a ssh 0.4
> release (changelog, updating metadata, listing myself and Ganesh as
> comaintainers). You can review the latest at
> https://hub.darcs.net/simon/ssh

I cannot compile this version with --enable-tests. Cabal does not find a
valid build plan for ghc-8.2.2 or ghc-8.6.5. Depending on random>=1.2
seems to be what breaks it.

I have pushed a patch to https://hub.darcs.net/bf/ssh that replaces
random with cryptonite. Unfortunately there is an overlap between
crypto-api and cryptonite in module names, so I had to use
PackageImports to disambiguate.

When I try to run the tests I also see the test suite hanging (no CPU
usage):

ben at home[1]:.../darcsden-upstream/ssh>./dist-newstyle/build/x86_64-linux/ghc-8.2.2/ssh-0.4/t/ssh-test/build/ssh-test/ssh-test
Tests
  With server
    Single key auth tests
      Check auth with id_dsa