[darcs-devel] [patch1968] fix file path encoding in convert export command

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jul 5 07:12:48 UTC 2020

I should have known better. On Windows, specifically NTFS, file names
are stored using UTF-16. This is a two-byte encoding that is not ASCII
compatible. It is thus not valid to operate on the raw byte strings in
this way on Windows. Since the particular problem this patch was
supposed to fix is an anomaly anyway and the solution works only on
*nix, I decided that this patch is bad. I will obliterate it and mark
the bundle as rejected.