[darcs-devel] [patch2027] fix creation of temporary directories

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Fri Jul 10 11:56:37 UTC 2020

Am 10.07.20 um 13:12 schrieb Ben Franksen:
> Hi Ganesh, I think this patch should fix the problem on Windows.
>
> 1 patch for repository http://darcs.net/screened:
>
> patch 5a047f6168e6c682bbf49609d9bd5d6aa0c77da8
> Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
> Date:   Fri Jul 10 13:11:04 CEST 2020
>   * fix in diff command
>
>   We must not use the native System.FilePath's </> operator and then call
>   System.FilePath.Posix.takeFileName on the result.

Hi Ganesh

I haven't screened this one yet, will do if/when you confirm that the
fix is good.

We should do a systematic review of all uses of the native
System.FilePath in Darcs. Perhaps a good way to do that is to replace
them everywhere with System.FilePath.Posix, see if anything fails on
Windows and if yes, selectively revert these changes and instead add a
comment that explains why we have to use the native version here.

Cheers
Ben