[darcs-devel] [patch2041] export a simplified version of getLogInf... (and 3 more)

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Sun Jul 19 23:38:24 UTC 2020

> All OK. I assume any backwards compatibility issues will be addressed
> by updating darcsden in lockstep, since it's hopeless to expect the
> current version of darcsden to work with the new version of darcs.

Right. There are quite a number of API changes that darcsden needs to be
adapted to. One of those API changes was to getLogInfo and I struggled a
bit when I tried to adapt darcsden to the type changes. But then I
realized that most of the complication of getLogInfo is only there to
support the extended information you get with --xml-output, in
particular, when you ask for changes to specific files, the xml output
tells you which of the selected patches (if any) /created/ that file.
None of that is needed for darcsden, so exporting a simplified version
for darcsden seemed to make the most sense here.