[darcs-devel] [patch2035] extend test for issue2275 and mark (again) as failing

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Mon Jul 20 12:33:30 UTC 2020

> Is it worth keeping the passing ones in a non-failing script?

This would mean duplicating the test code, so I don't think it is
worthwhile. I factored the actual tests into a shell function so we can
easily test with and without using the index. The latter succeeds, while
the former fails. Also note that normally the index is used by default.
It is only when runing the tests that we disable it because it uses only
low (1 second) resolution file modification timestamps. Fixing this is
difficult because unix-compat does not support modificationTimeHiRes, so
we'd have to roll our own for Windows.