[darcs-devel] [patch2035] extend test for issue2275 and mark (again) as failing

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Tue Jul 21 10:07:48 UTC 2020

> It just seems like a step backwards.
>
> Before we had a test that we would keep working by default, and that
> validated some slightly tricky correctness property.
>
> Now we just have a failing test and no particular plan to fix it.

It cannot be that hard to fix that. The culprit is the index code i.e.
Darcs.Util.Index. We have to review that code and find the places where
we accept symbolic links. I guess that won't affect more than a hand
full of code lines. So there is a plan, sort of, but admittedly
not yet very concrete.

I agree that loosing the parts of the test that pass is bad.

> We could also keep the original test as-is and put all the new code
> in a new test script.

I think a better option is to just disable the part where the tests are
run with --no-ignore-times and add a comment that this currently fails.
This is pretty easy to do. I think I'll send a patch to do that.