[darcs-devel] Failing Windows tests

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Wed Jul 22 18:19:09 UTC 2020

On 22/07/2020 17:44, Ben Franksen wrote:

> can you send me the full output of running all the shell tests you can
> currently run on Windows, but only for darcs-3 format? I'd like to see
> what exactly the failures are, but want to avoid wading through all the
> duplicates.

> My suspicion is that perhaps some of the encoding tests really are a bit
> too demanding and simply cannot be made to work on Windows.

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for - in general the shell
tests work on Windows (otherwise I'd be reporting failures), though
current screened has two failures, probably related to the recent
encoding patch, that I hadn't got round to reporting yet - see below. On
reviewed all "passing" tests either pass or are skipped.

In general I am not sure that it's impossible to handle encoding
properly on Windows, but the setup is quite different to Unix so it's
hard to do it portably.

convert-import-export-non-ascii (Darcs3) (PatienceDiff): [Failed]

| git --version || exit 200 # no git installed => skip test
| + git --version
|
| rm -rf gitrepo gitrepo2 darcsrepo
| + rm -rf gitrepo gitrepo2 darcsrepo
| tar xf $TESTDATA/gitrepo.tar.gz
| + tar xf /home/ganesh/darcs/screened/tests/data/gitrepo.tar.gz
| gitrepo/src/x\n: Can't create
'\\\\?\\C:\\Users\\Ganesh\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\tmpCFA1\\gitrepo\\src\\x\n'
| tar.exe: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

issue2648_darcs_convert_import_double_encodes_cyrillic (Darcs3)
(PatienceDiff): [Failed]