[darcs-devel] [patch2063] add a test for gng signed send/apply

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sun Jul 26 00:13:06 UTC 2020

>> FYI the test harness just gets stuck on Windows when I run this test.
>> I haven't yet figured out why, darcs-test doesn't even seem to have
>> child processes running when it stops. I will try to debug it
>> properly more promptly than the previous tests I reported problems
>> with...
>
> This is most probably because the directory where gpg stores its
> internal data is named differently i.e. not $HOME/.gnupg. If this is the
> case then we will have to rename the directory after unpacking it on
> Windows.

I'm using gpg from mingw/msys and I do have a $HOME/.gnupg

But I experimented with the test a bit more and noticed that gpg-agent
was running trying to use $APPDATA/gnupg, which also has some plausible
looking content. When I kill gpg-agent then the test stops hanging and
fails, even though gpg itself didn't appear to be running at that point.

This is all even though the test is of course supposed to be isolated -
this is probably tricky to do perfectly when running under my user.

So I think I need to figure out exactly what is going on with my GPG
setup. But also I'm now a bit nervous that the test does an 'rm -rf
.gnupg' in case I ever run it in a non-isolated way :-)