[darcs-devel] [patch2055] resolve issue2649: cleanup display of patches

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Thu Jul 30 08:46:30 UTC 2020

>   * rename [Ss]ummary to [Ww]ithSummary in Darcs.UI.*

Fine.

>   * resolve issue2649: cleanup display of patches

> Logically, 'description' should default
> -- to 'mempty' while 'content' should default to 'displayPatch'. We define them
> -- the other way around so that 'Darcs.UI.PrintPatch.showFriendly' gives
> -- reasonable results for all patch types.

Is it effectively a future TODO to refactor this further, or is it
fundamental? (The answer might be a useful comment either way)

> showWithSummary :: ShowPatch p => p wX wY -> Doc
> showWithSummary p = description p $$ prefix "    " (summary p)

Given the above defaults, doesn't that mean that showWithSummary might
print out the whole patch followed by a summary of it?

Otherwise the patch looks fine. I haven't thought through each change in
detail but I like the principle of the introduction of 'content'.

>   * RebaseChange: use nubSort instead of nub for listTouchedFiles
>   * D.UI.SelectChanges: remove unused exports, rename showCur to printCurrent

Fine.