[darcs-devel] darcs 2.16 TODOs

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Thu Jul 30 14:00:31 UTC 2020

Am 30.07.20 um 15:40 schrieb Ben Franksen:
> I think we are through with the TODO list, except reviewing the latest
> update to the CHANGELOG.
>
> Anything else you can think of?
>
> I guess this time I will be the one to make the release. I have just
> uploaded http://darcs.net/releases/branch-2.16.
>
> Let me make sure I have got the procedure right:
>
> * Check again that we can build w/o warnings for all supported ghc versions
> * Push everything to screened, reviewed, and branch-2.16
>
> on branch-2.16, loop:
> * darcs tag 2.16.1
> * run ./release/release.sh and check that everything is fine
> * push remaining patches to http://darcs.net/releases/branch-2.16
> * if not, obliterate the tag, fix, goto loop
> * otherwise run cabal upload
> * push the tag to screened and reviewed

I am looking through

http://darcs.net/Development/ReleaseManagement

and feeling overwhelmed by the amount of things to do. Change the wiki?
I agree the top page should annouce 2.16.1 but repeat all the info in
the CHANGELOG? Change milestones in the BTS? Never done that.

One suggestion I took up is to copy _darcs/prefs/email from branch-2.14
to branch-2.16.

Cheers
Ben