[darcs-devel] darcs 2.16 TODOs

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Thu Jul 30 20:56:33 UTC 2020

Am 30.07.20 um 21:49 schrieb Ganesh Sittampalam:
> I think those instructions are getting a bit old and probably need some
> pruning. I think you've got the major points and the rest can be cleaned
> up afterwards.

Okay, thanks.

> The BTS work is mainly to help us track what we want to fix for what
> release, and also what got fixed in each release. In an ideal world we'd
> do that properly as we do the release, but we can live without it and we
> can also fix it up afterwards if we want to.

I have hit the "Edit Milestones" button and I think I get the logic. We
have:

4,3.0.0,4.0
31,2.14.2,3.32
32,2.14.3 STABLE,3.33
33,2.15.0 HEAD,3.4

I guess this should become

31,2.14.2,3.32
32,2.14.3,3.33
33,2.16.2 STABLE,3.4
4,3.0.0 HEAD,4.0

I don't think it makes much sense to name the HEAD after odd
(intermediate) versions. It should instead be the next major release.
And the STABLE milestone should point to the next minor release, that
would be 2.16.2.

The long list of milestones make the UI unnecessarily hard to use. Can
we somehow cut that one down?

What I can and probably will do (though not before the release) is to
reset all /open/ tickets with obsolete milestones to unknown.

BTW, after the release we should bump the intermediate version on
screened and reviewed to 2.17.0.

> Sending an announcement email would also be nice.

Where do you usually send it? I guess darcs-users and haskell-cafe might
be appropriate; any others?

Cheers
Ben