[darcs-devel] darcs 2.16 TODOs

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Fri Jul 31 00:24:34 UTC 2020

Am 30.07.20 um 23:17 schrieb Ganesh Sittampalam:
> On 30/07/2020 21:56, Ben Franksen wrote:
>> The long list of milestones make the UI unnecessarily hard to use. Can
>> we somehow cut that one down?
>>
>> What I can and probably will do (though not before the release) is to
>> reset all /open/ tickets with obsolete milestones to unknown.
>>
>> BTW, after the release we should bump the intermediate version on
>> screened and reviewed to 2.17.0.
>
> I'm afraid all I remember about the milestones in the BTS is that I have
> to work it all out from scratch every time I touch them. Please go ahead
> and do whatever you think makes sense.

I wonder what happens if we remove a milestone that is still referenced
by a ticket. In the worst case the result may be desastrous. So I think
I will be very careful to avoid that.

>>> Sending an announcement email would also be nice.
>>
>> Where do you usually send it? I guess darcs-users and haskell-cafe might
>> be appropriate; any others?
>
> That seems to be where Guillaume sent the 2.14.0 announcement, so it's
> probably reasonable to just do the same again.

Okay.

However, note that I have just upgraded the priority for issue2445 to
critical as I think this is a blocker for 2.16.

Cheers
Ben