[darcs-devel] [issue2445] internal error if suspended patch is pulled into repository again

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Fri Jul 31 09:18:00 UTC 2020

On 31/07/2020 10:08, Ben Franksen wrote:

>> but
>> they will make a bit of a mess with fixups/conflicts. But I can imagine
>> cases where you've messed up the suspended patch so badly you want a
>> fresh copy, so I would like to avoid doing something special that could
>> sometimes get in the way.
>
> Not sure I understand this remark. Fresh copy?

I just mean you might want to re-start working on the suspended patch
from scratch by pulling in a fresh copy of it.

> BTW, you can always obliterate or inject to clean up the rebase state.

True.

> I have an extended version of tests/rebase-repull.sh that tests this
> issue. I can send it as a draft if you are interested.

Ah, I just wrote a failing test in a new script. I guess it's pretty
straightforward either way.

I am spending a bit of time looking at the fix now but otherwise will
only have a chance this evening. If it seems simple to you feel free to
work on it yourself in the meantime.