[darcs-devel] ssh release needed (Re: status of darcsden repo)

Ganesh Sittampalam ganesh at earth.li
Thu Jun 25 23:52:10 UTC 2020

On 26/06/2020 00:28, Simon Michael wrote:

> darcs hub relies on the three executables provided by the darcsden package: darcsden (web server), darcsden-ssh (ssh server), and darcsden-post-hook (updates issues based on commit messages).
>
> darcsden-ssh depends on the ssh package. The official release of ssh is 0.3.2 (1 above). It has been in need of update for some years, so patches have gathered in various unofficial branches (2-5). ssh_darcshub (5) is the ssh branch currently used by darcshub. It's needed so that darcshub can offer encryption/key exchange methods compatible with modern ssh clients.

>From what I recall, though my memory is a bit hazy, we ended up a bit
stalled because the new code was hard to test so I had concerns about
future maintenance.

https://hub.darcs.net/ganesh/ssh/issue/5#comment-20161123T170839 is the
best summary I could find quickly.

I guess that someone should bless whatever is being used by darcsden
today and it should go to hackage either as 'ssh' or a fork with a new
name. I'm not too desparate to be the maintainer of something without
reasonable tests though.

Ganesh