[darcs-devel] ssh release needed (Re: status of darcsden repo)

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Sun Jun 28 20:45:52 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020, at 1:40 PM, Simon Michael wrote:
> > BTW, adding the cabal.project file was a bad idea, it causes more
> > trouble than it helps. I just had to delete it because with it present
> > cabal didn't pick up my local clone of the redis package. I am now
> > building with
> >
> >   cabal build --with-compiler /opt/ghc/8.6.5/bin/ghc -fcli -fposthook
> > - -fssh
>
> I feel the .project file has been very useful. For one thing, it tells
> cabal to use my local patched deps. How does your command do that ?

Eh, I mean it does that when I uncomment those lines, or copy them to cabal.project.local.

It also provides some extra documentation/hints for the very tricky task of finding good build plans for this old stuff. It also locks/suggests the GHC version to 8.2, which I thought was a good idea for users for the moment until others work.