[darcs-devel] [patch2021] replace shelly with turtle

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sun May 31 17:01:50 UTC 2020

I spent a little bit longer digging into this and discovered that
it's ending up calling the Windows Subsystem for Linux bash, instead
of the mingw one. The WSL bash is on my path from a command prompt, the
mingw one is on my path in a mingw shell, where I run the test harness from.

So arguably this is a screwup in my setup that the current harness happens
to avoid. If I try to run the current test harness from a Windows command
prompt, I get similar behaviour (failure with no output).

I'll need to dig a bit more to see what happens if (a) I change my setup
so the default bash on the path is always the mingw one and/or (b) if we
can make the new code find the one from the mingw path. Just making a note
of what I've learnt so far in case I don't get to that immediately.