[darcs-devel] [issue2657] darcs show dependencies doesn't stop at the last clean tag

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Fri Oct 16 14:35:46 UTC 2020

> In darcs 2.16.2, "darcs show dependencies" doesn't stop at the last clean
> tag, whereas in darcs 2.14.x it did. The documentation says:
>
>> The `darcs show dependencies` command is used to create a graph of the
>> dependencies between patches of the repository (by default up to last
>> tag).

I think this behavior fell victim to simplification when I re-wrote the
command. You can get the old behavior back using something like `darcs
show dependencies --from-tag .` The old default behavior is not very
useful IMO: if there are many patches after the last tag then your graph
gets too large to be useful; conversely, if there are too few patches
then it doesn't tell you much. I'd vote for just adapting the docs.

There are other commands which limit their effect to patches after the
latest clean tag (inclusive or exclusive), like obliterate. IMO these
limitations are all bad and I would like to remove them.