[darcs-devel] [patch2082] resolve issue2570: coalesceHunk should take arguments ...

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sat Oct 17 08:58:35 UTC 2020

> I thought you mentioned in issue2570 that some cases you expected to coalesce
> didn't, so that might turn into a test using amend-record.

Ah, no. I was confused by the code itself and did not understand how it
could possibly work, so I constructed a few simple examples and tested
them in ghci with the raw function. All of the "problems" I noticed were
due to me not realising that the argument order was "wrong" i.e. the
arguments named xxx1 were actually from the second patch and vice versa.
This counter-intuitive naming and placement of the arguments is what the
patch fixes. There is no change in behavior at all.