[darcs-devel] [patch2163] substantial rewrite of 'darcs test'

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Fri Apr 16 22:31:11 UTC 2021

New submission from Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>:

As discussed in this thread:
https://lists.osuosl.org/pipermail/darcs-devel/2021-April/022073.html

I've fixed the build problems and test failures
(final CI run is in progress), moved out the indexed
monad infrastructure and adopted Ben's changes to
break out the RebindableSyntax-based code from the
rest.

I'll screen this sometime tomorrow if there are no
last-minute objections, and then follow up on the other
review points.

1 patch for repository darcs-unstable at darcs.net:screened:

patch bb80e5314b59ba45584acac13d9660e4698afa12
Author: Ganesh Sittampalam <ganesh at earth.li>
Date:   Fri Apr 16 23:23:34 BST 2021
  * substantial rewrite of 'darcs test'

  The major user-visible change is that test scripts can
  now return an exit code of 125 to reflect an untestable
  state (in line with git bisect run).

  Since untestable states can mean that a group of patches
  is found to trigger a failure rather than a single patch,
  we now also try to minimise such a group by commuting out
  patches from it to try to find a smaller set of patches
  that transition the test script from success to failure.

  Internally, an "indexed monad" is introduced to manage
  the state of the testing tree, and a number of new unit
  tests are added.

files: patch-preview.txt, substantial-rewrite-of-_darcs-test_.dpatch, unnamed
messages: 22715
nosy: ganesh
status: needs-screening
title: substantial rewrite of 'darcs test'