[darcs-devel] [patch2192] use paths from D.R.Paths in D.R.Packs (and 2 more)

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sat Jun 5 14:31:59 UTC 2021

>> use paths from D.R.Paths in D.R.Packs
>>  This also removes an obsolete debugMessage and then inlines
>>  fetchFilesUsingCache.
>
> Does this inlining drop the test for whether the file already
> exists? I tried digging through fetchFilesUsingCachePrivate but
> couldn't spot any existing check for that, though it might
> be buried in the "cache" mechanism.

The latter. Without going into too much detail, fetchFileUsingCache does
its best to avoid unnecessary work; in particular, before copying or
downloading anything, it first searches for the file in all writable
locations, which always includes the "current" repo. Which means that
the test that was done here is redundant.