[darcs-devel] [patch2146] make hashed pristine use the cache

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Sat Mar 27 22:24:57 UTC 2021

>   * factor readRecorded into Darcs.Repository.Pristine.readPristine

OK

>   * readHashedPristineRoot: fail with oldRepoFailMsg instead of returning Nothing

OK

>   * some cleanup in D.R.Repair

OK

>   * cleanup: remove createPartialsPristineDirectoryTree

OK

>   * cleanup: inline copyPristineDirectoryTree

OK

>   * specialize cleanHashdir to cleanPristineDir

OK

>   * move gethashedFiles form Darcs.Repository.HashedIO to Darcs.Util.Tree.Hashed
>
>   That it belongs there is seen by noting how many imports we save.

OK :-)

>   * make hashed pristine use the cache

> fsCreateHashedFile :: Cache -> BL.ByteString -> IO String

The doc comment for this needs a minor update to refer to 'Cache' rather
than 'FilePath'.

I have a general question about the functionality. Does this actually
mean that pristine wasn't being cached before and is now, or is it just
an internal refactor?

I am a bit confused about what darcs does right now. I have a
pristine.hashed folder in my global cache that has a lot of content, but
none of it seems to have been updated for a few months, which might
coincide with me updating to a recent darcs from a fairly old fork that
I was previously running.

The patch itself looks fine.