[darcs-devel] [patch2161] resolve issue2674 (and a few more)

Ganesh Sittampalam bugs at darcs.net
Tue May 4 17:38:16 UTC 2021

On 04/05/2021 16:57, Ben Franksen wrote:

> Here are a few follow-up patches. Please take a look before I screen them,
> especially the last one.
>
> patch 9df4a2c6e688ab1b551e4488795d3fba8c9c7da3
> Author: Ben Franksen <ben.franksen at online.de>
> Date:   Sun Apr 25 10:21:52 CEST 2021
>   * remove catching of exceptions for bad moves in DefaultIO
>
>   Note that DefaultIO is used only in two places: in the 'darcs test' command
>   and to unapply patches when 'darcs clone' is called with a matching option.

So the exception will bubble out and users will have to repair their
repository before they can run this command? I think that's reasonable
if they have a good way for them to discover that they need to. So maybe
we still need to catch DoesNotExistError and print out a message before
rethrowing?

BTW the `mplus` that's still there will still mean that any exception
from the renameDirectory will be swallowed. We'll only see exceptions
coming from renameFile:

https://hackage.haskell.org/package/base-4.15.0.0/docs/src/GHC-IO.html#mplusIO