[darcs-devel] Upgrading build tools and darcs on darcs.net

Ben Franksen ben.franksen at online.de
Sun May 16 11:32:43 UTC 2021

Am 14.05.21 um 01:37 schrieb Ganesh Sittampalam:
> On 12/05/2021 12:11, Ben Franksen wrote:
>
>> I deleted ~/.cabal/bin with its ancient versions of some haskell build
>> tools and removed ~/.cabal/bin from the PATH (~/.bash_profile).
>
> Unfortunately /usr/local/bin/darcs was symlinked to the one in
> ~/.cabal/bin, and gitit relied on it :-(

Sorry about that! It didn't occur to me to test this. At first I only
renamed the old darcs to darcs-<version>, but then I deleted the whole
.cabal/bin directory which also deleted the old darcs.

Cheers
Ben
--
I would rather have questions that cannot be answered, than answers that
cannot be questioned.  -- Richard Feynman