[darcs-devel] [patch2178] remove dependency on regex-compat-tdfa

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Sun May 23 06:54:39 UTC 2021

> I think our discussion on IRC was after you sent this and we didn't come
> to a final conclusion on our strategy.

Yes, I recorded this patch and then had second thoughts. One more data
point: the docs on subRegex and splitRegex (the two functions I did not
copy over to Darcs.Util.Regex) say

"This does not advance if the regex matches an empty string. This
misfeature is here to match the behavior of the original Text.Regex API."

I am not sure I want to maintain a package with such a compatibility
burden attached to it.

> Personally I'm fine with dropping
> the dependency in whatever way seems best.

I'll think about the options a bit more. In light of the above reasoning
I tend to think the way this patch does it may still be the best way.