[darcs-devel] [issue2677] pull --reorder fails to copy patches

Ben Franksen bugs at darcs.net
Tue May 25 12:15:47 UTC 2021

So far I wasn't able to reproduce with a simple example repo.

However, I think I found the bug. I ran the pull --reorder command
with --debug and searched for the file name in question. The only
ocurrence was when it said:

In fetchFileUsingCachePrivate I'm directly grabbing file contents
from /home/ben/scratch/branch-2.16/_darcs/patches/0000003658-
8f452a132bf0b0e17f177c51ae6aefb0fb29fbb8e42506710d6bd08589336d6d

Looking at the place where this message is issued in
Darcs.Util.Cache.fetchFileUsingCachePrivate, there is a comment
saying

-- FIXME: create links in caches

Indeed, when I add a the missing call to link the file across all
writable locations, the bug disappears, which can also be seen in
the debug output.