[darcs-users] darcs-patcher can't create a temporary file?

Shae Matijs Erisson shae at ScannedInAvian.com
Fri Aug 1 19:26:28 UTC 2003

I've just installed darcs, set up a repo, etc
Anyways, I get this error:
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Command died with status 1:
    "/usr/lib/darcs-patcher". Command output:  Fail: permission denied Action:
    Failed to create temporary file darcs Reason: Permission denied

I tracked through the sources, it looks to me like mkstemp in Lock.lhs is not
specifying a directory in which to create the temporary files.

I think postfix is trying to run darcs-patcher in some random directory that's
not /tmp and that's causing this problem.

Any other ideas?
--
Shae Matijs Erisson - I've tried to teach people autodidactism,
but it seems they always have to learn it for themselves.