[darcs-users] Re: Whitespace in filenames

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Aug 5 07:02:19 UTC 2003

David Roundy writes:

 > [Another alternative is] just to not worry overly much about it
 > (and hope for the best), which is what darcs does already.

Actually, that's the way I'd prefer it to be handled. Darcs simply
should not need to know about _filesystems_, that's way beyond its
scope. One of my favorite principles to quote in a case like this is:

                   Garbage in ... garbage out.

:-)

If you check-in files with strange names, you have to know what you're
doing. It's as simple as that, IMHO.

Peter