[darcs-users] darcs on savannah

Jonathan Walther krooger at debian.org
Tue Aug 5 22:42:26 UTC 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 02:58:34PM -0700, Zack Brown wrote:
>Darcs is in the early stages of development, so this may not be the best
>time to actually integrate with Savannah. But it can't hurt to identify
>some of darcs' characteristics, and some of Savannah's characteristics,
>and see how they might one day mesh.
>
>Jonathan, would you start it off? What's the basic idea for adding a new
>version control system to Savannah?

I honestly don't know.  For arch support (at the most primitive level)
all we needed was sftp access.  We now have that.  Putting the webpages
under a different revision control system than CVS is a bit more work,
and involves coordinating with the www.gnu.org webmaster and getting him
on board.

The Savannah admins are all volunteers, and overworked.  If something
isn't really easy, they may be relucant to try it.

I hope this helps.  Cheers!

Jonathan

--

    It's not true unless it makes you laugh,
             but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

                     Geek House Productions, Ltd.

Phone:   604-435-1205
Email:   djw at reactor-core.org
Webpage: http://reactor-core.org
Address: 2459 E 41st Ave, Vancouver, BC  V5R2W2