[darcs-users] changes needed for darcs push on win32?

Peter Strand d98peter at dtek.chalmers.se
Fri Aug 8 06:59:53 UTC 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 03:46:38AM +0200, Shae Matijs Erisson wrote:
> I would guess that darcs push doesn't work on win32.
> Would it need anything other than SMTP sending and calling GPG for signing?

[ darcs currently needs /.../sendmail ]

I guess the correct way to send mail is to use the windows Messaging API,
especially the MAPISendMail function looks useful ;)

It shouldn't be too much work to interface that, I think..

One alternative is of course to write write a small smtp-mailer and
include it in darcs, not much work to do something simple, but means we
have to know which mailserver to use and it will not work for mailservers
requiring fancy clients (authentication or ssl or ...).

/Peter