[darcs-users] suggestion: each push should identify its target repo internally

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri Aug 8 21:46:30 UTC 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 11:34:24AM -0700, Zack Brown wrote:
> It seems like darcs uses the email address of a push to identify which repo
> is the intended recipient. This seems a bit heavy. Maybe a more user-oriented
> (as opposed to root-oriented) interface would be for the push to contain
> a reference to the target repository within itself. That way, regardless
> of which email address receives the push, it can be sent to the proper
> repo without a problem.  I think that would really simplify the pushability
> situation. One person could have tons of repositories, but manage everything
> from a single user account.

Yeah, I wanted this same thing since I use procmail to do all my mail
sorting from a single account. A workaround is to look in the 'Context'
section for patch names, these should be enough to figure out the
repository assuming you don't have multiple branches of the same project
with substantially similar patch sets. You might want to see a previous
post I made to the list describing how to use darcs_patcher without
creating an account.
        John