[darcs-users] Yikes

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Dec 4 12:32:13 UTC 2003

On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 10:57:40PM +1100, Tim Barbour wrote:
> I just tried to get the latest version of darcs, but got "Fail: Yikes! ..."
> instead. See output below:

That's an interesting problem! It seems that the problem was that my web
server was trying to interperet the server-side scripting on the patch to
the darcs web paget that is in the repo! (See below for the problem part of
the patch file darcs downloaded)

+    <P> <!--#exec cgi="/cgi-bin/counter.pl"-->
+<script><!--
function PrivoxyWindowOpen(a, b, c){return(window.open(a, b, c));}
//--></script></BODY>
+</HTML>

As an interrim fix, I've compressed this patch, so if you could try again
that would be great.  For darcs more recent than 0.9.14, the new patch
filenames are used, and apache doesn't seem to want to mess with them,
since they always end in ".gz".  I'm not really clear why apache started
doing this... it used to work fine.  :(
http://www.abridgegame.org