[darcs-users] internal error

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Dec 4 12:58:18 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 07:58:50PM -0800, Adam Megacz wrote:
> Kevin Smith <yarcs at qualitycode.com> writes:
> > By the way, I wanted to clarify: This is a "native" MinGW version of
> > darcs, and not a cygwin version, right?
>
> Is there a faq on how to build this?  XWT (xwt.org) is moving to darcs,
> but one condition on the move is the availability of precompiled
> binaries.

There's no FAQ on this, since the answer has been changing.  I don't have
windows, but there are at least a couple of darcs contributors who compile
it on windows.  By the time 1.0 is released, I'd like to distribute
precompiled windows binaries, but that would depend on someone creating
them.  I just experimented a bit with running ghc and mingw under wine, and
that avenue doesn't look promising.

Recently, I think things have been looking good on the windows front.  I
think I've fixed the problem associated in this bug report, which wasn't
windows-related, except that the windows virtual machine had less memory.
It was just that darcs' handling of binary files was very sloppy and used
lots more memory than it should have.
http://www.abridgegame.org