[darcs-users] Internals question: How to apply a merger patch?

Kevin Smith yarcs at qualitycode.com
Sat Dec 6 18:27:38 UTC 2003

David Roundy wrote:
> The order of the conflict
> markers isn't the order of the patches, but is instead determined by the
> ordering of the actual text that will be put in the markers.

That seems to have worked. Thanks!

> No, 0.0 and 0.9 mergers are (almost?) always different.  Fortunately the
> 0.0 merger is quite easy (as you will see when you get to it) compared to
> the 0.9 merger.

I am up to the first 0.0 merger (in the patch named "use_binary...").
Just looking at the merger patch itself, it looks identical.

Looking at the glump code, I'm confused. It looks like a glump "0.0"
just returns an empty composite patch. Looking at the
mangle_unravelled_hunks code, it looks like it treats 0.0 and 0.9
mergers the same.

Perhaps you're referring to the merger-building code as being very
different, whereas I'm only looking at the merger-applying code? So far,
it looks like I can apply hunk/hunk merger the same whether it was
created with 0.0 or 0.9.

Kevin