[darcs-users] "inconsistent" repositories [was buggy darcs_cgi in 0.9.14.15pre-1 ?]

Tim Barbour trb at eastpac.com.au
Mon Dec 8 11:59:47 UTC 2003

David Roundy writes:
 > Hmmmm.  I'll think about whether that might be practical.  As an interrim
 > measure, I could stick a "converted" file somewhere in _darcs.
 > I'd rather not go with the a permantent "repo_format_version" file, since I
 > don't plan to ever again change the repository format in a repo-breaking way
 > like this.

Would a file be enough ? What if someone pulls a patch (I suppose it would be
rewritten to the current format in transit) ?

If a file can do the job (rather than putting the info in each patch) then
perhaps it would be easy to add one.  Of course, handling different format
version numbers would be more trouble, but if the format version never changes
this will not be an issue. OTOH, if the format version does change again, you
might be glad of the file.

I have always found it hard to predict the future.

Tim