[darcs-users] dir tree rearrangement problems

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Fri Dec 12 14:54:12 UTC 2003

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 04:48:20PM +0200, Aggelos Economopoulos wrote:
[...]
> Fixing current...
>
> (I see this is actually a message from Repair). In any case, _darcs/current
> now is correct and whatsnew shows the real changes in the working copy (at
> least I think it does; I haven't looked very carefully yet).

Yay! convert-repo actually calls repair to deal with the newline changes,
which here had the unintended side-effect of fixing your problem...

> Any way I can help you find out how the corruption was introduced in the
> repo so I'll be less worried when moving files in the future? I think I
> still have the source tree for the old darcs binary around somewhere,
> would this help you make sure that whatever the bug was, it's already
> fixed?

Well, if you could actually figure out how to reproduce the corruption
using the old version of darcs, that would be helpful (but also probably
pretty hard).  But my guess is that we'll just have to trust that whatever
caused it was fixed.  I know that there were bugs that have been fixed,
which I believe could have caused this corruption, so it's not necesarily
worth the effort to figure out what exactly caused it.  It mostly depends
on how much effort would be needed, which would depend on whether it is a
reproducible bug (doesn't depend on a rare race condition), and and how
well you can remember what you did that might have triggered it.
http://www.abridgegame.org