[darcs-users] some problems with darcs

Gour gour at mail.inet.hr
Mon Dec 29 19:05:37 UTC 2003

David Roundy (droundy at abridgegame.org) wrote:

> > bash-2.05b$ darcs check
> > Looks like we have a difference...
> > Nothing
> > Inconsistent repo!
>
> This is interesting.  I'll take a look at it when I get back home (in
> January).

OK. Sorry for disturbing your vacation.

> > Patch read...
> > Segmentation fault
> > bash-2.05b$
>
> Hmmm.  This is extra exciting.  Obviously we shouldn't be having a
> segfault.  Can you run this repair using valgrind? It would be nice if we
> could get an idea what is doing the segfaulting.  The prime candidate would
> be the Regex module (which has been known to segfault for no apparent
> reason), but I can't think of any Regex usage at this point in the code.
> Other than that, I'm not sure what it could be (but am very interested).

I'm glad I can help make your holidays even more exciting :-)

I'm completely green regrads valgrind and at the moment I'm emerging on my
Gentoo box, but it would be nice if you can give me some guidelines how to
run darcs using valgrind i.e. what would be of most interest to you?

> > Fail: permission denied
> > Action: removeFile
> > Reason: Permission denied
> > File: ./jyotish Backup.site
>
> Do you have a file called "jyotish Backup.site"? (i.e. with a space in it)
> An embedded space shouldn't cause a problem...

Yes, "jyotish Backup.site" is there but is is created after creation of
repository and I didn't add it to the repo.

> > ps. I just noticed two folders in _darcs: newcurrent & newcurrent-1 ??
>
> Both of those were caused by darcs repair crashing before completion.  You
> can just delete them (although they may give a hint as to how far it got
> before crashing.

Now I also noticed another set of folders - checking, checking-1 & checking-2 ?

(in the meantime I removed newcurrent* folders)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Gour