[darcs-users] darcs on MS Windows

Peter Strand peter at zarquon.se
Wed Dec 31 11:05:18 UTC 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 04:48:11PM +0100, Gour wrote:
> Anyone has succes in building darcs with curl on Win?

I used a precompiled library from the curl homepage, and darcs
successfully configured and compiled against it.
(I'm using cygwin, and its mingw compiler&libraries, not pure mingw,
 haven't tried that yet)

I put a few packages here:

 http://www.zarquon.se/darcs/

(both 0.9.15 and "latest", with and without wx)

I'll try to keep them updated whenever I compile a new version.

They are dynamically linked, so a couple of dll:s are necessary (included),
Since win32-pthreads can only be dynamically linked (I think), I didn't see
much point in linking anything statically.
Thinking of it, that's one reason to get the win32-threading functions to work,
allowing a single binary without dependencies. I'll look into it..

/Peter