[darcs-users] More on 0.9.11, Mac OS X, and GHC 6.0

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Tue Jul 15 11:17:23 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 07:17:12PM -0700, Paul Snively wrote:

> I should mention that my Mac OS X installation is 10.2.6 and my
> Developer Tools installation is December 2002 with all subsequent
> updates, including the GCC 3.3 update in anticipation of Panther.

Ah, I don't have the gcc 3.3 update, so I'll grab that and see if I can
reproduce the problem.  That does seem to do it, although for me it doesn't
show up until compiling Patch.lhs.

So for the moment my recommendation would be to compile with 3.1.  You can
change the default compiler to gcc 3.1 with

sudo /usr/sbin/gcc_select 3.1

(and back again with 3.3).  I'll look into this a bit more later, but it's
quite possible that the ghc 6.0 macintosh binary won't run with apple's gcc
3.3.  On the other hand I know that ghc 6.0 on debian runs fine with gcc
3.3... it may have to do with which compiler compiles ghc itself.

You might also want to run gcc --version just to make sure you were
compiling with 3.3 in the first place.
http://www.abridgegame.org