[darcs-users] retroactive tagging

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Sun Jul 20 17:05:42 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 09:35:24AM -0700, Zack Brown wrote:

> One contributor wants to retroactively tag the initial empty repository
> as version 0.0.0 so that it will be possible to create diffs against the
> true beginning of the project. How could they do this, if at all?

There's no direct interface for tagging an old version, but what I'd do is
run a darcs get --patch-name 'first patch name', then unpull the first
patch, run darcs tag and either push or pull the tag patch into the main
repo.

Actually, an even easier way (which will only work for the empty repo--the
above method can be applied to any retroactive tagging) you could even just
create an initial directory and tag it.

mkdir empty
cd empty
darcs inittree