[darcs-users] retroactive tagging

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Jul 21 10:23:43 UTC 2003

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 10:31:29AM -0700, Zack Brown wrote:
> OK, I tried your first suggestion, and then unpulled it just now. But I
> still see the patch in the patches directory. Is it forever a part of the
> repository now? I would think 'unpull' would allow a clean undo of the
> pull, i.e. with no garbage remaining.

I intentionally leave the file there just in case of an emergency.  There
aren't many commands in darcs that can lose your data, and so I try to be
careful with those I have.  Unpull in particular (unrecord isn't so bad,
since it leaves the changes in the working directory) could lead to
accidentally losing a lot of work, so I leave the patch there so you could
recover it (by hand, at the moment) if necesary.  I've thought about
implementing a clean command to get rid of excess patches, but haven't
gotten around to it.
http://www.abridgegame.org