[darcs-users] binary patches in--please test

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Jul 24 13:01:29 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 12:54:42AM +0200, Peter Strand wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 07:09:44AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> > I haven't yet tried it out myself, so be careful, and let me know
> > if you have any problems (or successes).
>
> I have only used it a little bit, but so far it seems too work well.

Great! I tend to be lazy about testing new patch types because most of my
testing is done either with the darcs repository itself or at work (when
I'm actually doing work) and in neither case can I assume other users of
the repo are running the latest and greatest version of darcs.  After the
next release I figure I'll add a png (or some such object) to the darcs
distribution (to go in the manual and on the web page), which should serve
as a test (and/or example) of the binary patches.  Ideas for a logo for
darcs are welcome...

> And with this small patch it even works as with the boring file ;)

Thanks! :)

That bug was a leftover from when I was trying to use the Text.Regex
module, which doesn't have the bug that fixregex works around but does have
a segfault bug that I could figure out how to work around.
http://www.abridgegame.org