[darcs-users] patcher without a user

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Tue Jul 29 10:18:53 UTC 2003

I was playing around and found there was no need to create a user for
patcher. no need to even have root access if you have a modern mailer.

create a .forward+darcs file in your home directory with

now, people can send patches to user+darcs at domain.com

the + format should work for anyone using postfix, qmail uses '-'s i
believe for the same thing.

if you don't have either, then adding a line to /etc/aliases of the
above form should work just fine.

if none of the above work, a .procmail entry to redirect darcs patches
should work anywhere.

I was inspired by the fact that my internet hosting company charges a
ton for extra users. a situation others might find themselves in.

thought i'd share my experience, hope this helps someone.
        John