[darcs-users] 0.9.12 is out!

Andres Loeh andres at cs.uu.nl
Thu Jul 31 11:33:20 UTC 2003

> I've decided to release darcs 0.9.12.  There have been quite a few notable
> changes since 0.9.11.  A number of bugs have been fixed, support for binary
> files has been added, locking of repos was added (which is mostly important
> for the darcs-patcher, which had several bugs fixed), speed was enhanced
> for large repos (although there is still work to be done in this area), and
> numerous minor interface enhancements were made.

I have just added a Gentoo ebuild. (GHC 6.0.1 is now also there.)

BTW, there seems to be a small problem with the build system.
You use GHC to call the C compiler, and in doing so, pass the
global CFLAGS setting directly to GHC. However, GHC doesn't
understand all flags that might be contained in CFLAGS.

At the moment, I am just ignoring CFLAGS in the Gentoo ebuilds
to make it compile. More appropriate would probably be to use
GHC's -optc option to pass the flags to the C compiler ...

Best,
  Andres