[darcs-users] 0.9.12 is out!

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Thu Jul 31 13:54:24 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 08:51:29AM -0400, David Roundy wrote:
> > ... More appropriate would probably be to use GHC's -optc option to pass
> > the flags to the C compiler ...
>
> Done.  Thanks for the report!

Undone.  :( My test case worked, but I see that using -optc is more
complicated than it seems.  It seems that indivitual flags need to be
flagged with -optc, but you get an error if use -optc with any flag that is
recognized by ghc itself.  This is going to be more awkward than I had
thought... I could just use $(CC) to compile the C files, but then I'd need
to find the path to the RTS header files...  :(

Perhaps the best solution is just leaving out the environment variable
CFLAGS? Certainly the flags for the C code aren't particularly important,
since not much time is spent in C.
http://www.abridgegame.org