[darcs-users] darcs 0.9.11

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Mon Jun 30 13:12:35 UTC 2003

I've just released darcs 0.9.11.  I've procrastinated releasing for a while
because (also partly due to vacations) because I felt there were so many
changes I wanted to make.  The result is that there are a lot of changes
here.

The two additions which address the most user requests are the darcs diff
command (which is self-explanatory) and the darcs setpref command (which is
not).  setpref can be used to set certain preference options such that they
can be pulled from one repo to another.  This can be used to define a test
command without creating a file named darcs_test.  There are also a couple
of other supported prefs options (predist, e.g. to run autoconf before
tarring up in 'darcs dist', and boringfile).  I've also added a few other
files under _darcs/prefs, which are described in the manual in the repo
format section.

Thanks to the contribution of Peter Simons, the darcs build system has been
completely rewritten.  It is much nicer now, but may still have lingering
bugs, in which case let me know.

Finally, I've worked some more on the merge code.  This is feature I'm most
uncertain about in this release.  But I don't expect it to eat any data.

As always, bug reports and feature requests are welcome.  Of course,
patches are even better...  :)
http://www.abridgegame.org