[darcs-users] darcs record bug fixed ?

BARBOUR Timothy Timothy_BARBOUR at rta.nsw.gov.au
Thu May 15 23:05:33 UTC 2003

[...]
> It is but...
>
> > It sounds pretty serious, and might put off potential new
> users (such as
> > me), so if it has been fixed the doc should be changed.
>
> ... by pending changes I mean those that are included in the "pending"
> patch.  This means file additions and removals (unless you
> actually delete
> the file in your working directory) and renames, as well as token
> replacements.  It's definitely a bug, but not as serious as it sounds,
> although it can be highly annoying at times.  In the case,
> for example, of
> the token replace, if you perform a token replace, then record another
> change, the files still have the tokens changed, but it'll
> get recorded as
> a set of hunk changes, which is not at all what you want.
> The problem is
> that when doing the record, I don't currently keep track of
> which changes
> need to go back into pending, which will be a bit of pain.

Okay. I had the impression from the description (not understanding what
"pending" meant) that changes would be lost. If I understand what you are
saying, changes are not lost, just recorded in a less than ideal way. That
does not sound like a show-stopper.

> At the moment I'm in the process of tracking
> down a bug that has taken me four days so far...

Good hunting! Have you tried a declarative debugger, such as HAT-detect
(http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/hat/) ?

Tim

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This e-mail and any attachment to it is intended only to be read or used by
the named addressee.  It is confidential and may contain legally privileged
information.  No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
mistaken transmission to you.  If you receive this e-mail in error, please
immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender.  You must not
disclose, copy or use any part of this e-mail if you are not the intended
recipient.  The RTA is not responsible for any unauthorised alterations to
this e-mail or attachment to it.