[darcs-users] Re: How to figure out, which files aren't added yet?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon May 19 15:48:05 UTC 2003

David Roundy writes:

 >> [Figuring out which files need to be added]

 > just type 'darcs add ' and then hit tab a couple of times and
 > you'll see a list of all the files that haven't yet been added to
 > the repo.

I finally got bash completion running. Apparently you need some extra
package to support that; the bash as it was installed on my system
didn't like the extensions ...

Anyway, now this completion-thing is working just fine, but the
problem remains (somewhat): When I use 'darcs add <autocomplete>', I
get pages and pages of files scrolling past me. Is there any way to
tell darcs that certain files should always be ignored, like CVS's
.cvsignore file?

Then I could get rid of the ".hi", ".o", etc. files in the list and
would be very happy. :-)

Peter