[darcs-users] Re: push mail error?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon May 19 16:53:20 UTC 2003

David Roundy writes:

>> | POSSIBLE ATTACK from [UNKNOWN]: newline in string "darcs-users at abridgegame.org "

I tried it again with the latest version and the problem seems to be
gone. A push to darcs-test worked fine in so far as that the daemon on
the other side refused my patch because it didn't accept my GPG
signature. :-)

 > Currently you could get this effect by using --target
 > "darcs-users at abridgegame.org youremailaddresss" which I believe
 > will send to both email addresses.

The 'push' command does not seem to support '--target':

 | simons at peti:~/projects/darcs$ darcs push --list-options
 | --verbose
 | --patch-name
 | --all
 | --email
 | --output
 | --sign
 | --edit-description
 | --help
 | http://abridgegame.org/repos/darcs
 | http://abridgegame.org/repos/darcs-test

Oh, and while looking for options that support '--target', I also
noticed that 'get' produces broken output when called with
'--list-options'; so completion doesn't work for it either.

 > If you want to experiment, you can also try pushing to
 > ag.o/r/darcs-test [...]

Did so and it works fine now (as far as I can tell). One more thing: I
noticed that you let sendmail determine the correct From: address for
the outgoing e-mail. Wouldn't it make more sense to use the address
given in $EMAIL here? On some systems, the MTA does not know how to
create correct addresses, unfortunately, so this trouble could be
avoided ...

Also, I "vote" to leave the "User-Agent:" header out from the e-mail,
just because it does IMHO not serve any purpose. :-)

Peter