[darcs-users] Re: push mail error?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon May 19 22:11:29 UTC 2003

David Roundy writes:

 > [--email vs. --target vs. --whatever]

How about renaming the current --email to --whoami? I think this name
says pretty much what the option does. :-) Or even --id?

A related question: When recording patches, you're supposed to enter
your e-mail address. I assume that this is a _convention_, isn't it?
You can basically enter anything you want when asked for an e-mail
address, can't you? Because then --id or --whoami would fit it even
better.

If you want to require it to be an e-mail address, I hope you're using
my RFC2822 module to check it actually _is_ an e-mail address. :-)

Peter