[darcs-users] Secure access to remote repositories

David Roundy droundy at abridgegame.org
Tue May 20 10:34:23 UTC 2003

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:15:00AM +1000, BARBOUR Timothy wrote:
> Like darcs, arch has a very simple server (just an ftp / http server), but
> it can do authenticated write access via sftp. If darcs uses ftp (not sure),
> then it should be a simple matter to make it use sftp.

The problem is that it supports ftp via the libcurl library, so easily
extending it to include sftp would require modifying the libcurl library.
On the other hand, just using plain sftp wouldn't be _that_ tough either.
But I also don't see how it would gain over using scp... except in terms of
a persistent connection, which would be more work.
http://www.abridgegame.org